Sunday, December 22, 2013

Quick and easy Homemade Gifts- Soothing Bath and Herb Tea Bags

Well, as Christmas QUICKLY approaches I decided to try and do some quick crafts for some of my friends and family.  So, I searched for my camera, and halfway through, once I got the rhythm down, I took some photos. It's a quick blog, but I figured it's been a while since I had time to do crafts and post, so I should take advantage and share my project.  

For those who need a simple homemade gift idea, here is this years new experiment:


Soothing Bath Oatmeal and Herb Tea 
 

Here's what you need:

Coffee Filters

Oatmeal
Herbs
Essential Oils
Little Rubber Bands 

If you are lucky enough to have an herb or Tea Shop, or even a nice organic health food store, it's easy to get what you need for these.  This weekend we stopped by Sensibiliteas in Glens Falls, NY and picked up some supplies.  I got some more Lemon Peel, Orange Peel, and the most awesome smelling tea called Truly Wild Cherry.  It's so good I want to drink and bathe in it... but not until after Christmas, so I can really enjoy it!

I also grabbed some plain old coffee filters and a bag of those little Rubber Bands that are used for the weird bracelets... they are the perfect size.  Now, I did add essential oils to enhance the scent of the bath teas, but they are not necessary.  Below is the recipe I used for my first batch of:


Veronica the Lazy Diva's Citrus and Lavender Oatmeal Herb Tea Bags



Ingredients:
Oatmeal

Lemon Balm
Lemon Peel
Orange Peel
Lavender
Lavender Essential Oil
Orange Essential Oil
Lemon/Mint Essential Oil Blend
Apricot Oil... just for the heck of it to enhance the oatmeal blend.

I HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO ACTUALLY POINT THIS OUT-- BUT JUST IN CASE...THESE ARE ADDED TO YOUR TUB!  NOT INGESTED!!  NO DRINKING THIS TEA!  :-)

Step One:  

I poured a couple of cups of Oatmeal into a bowl and put just a drop or two of Orange, Lavender and a Lemon/Mint and stirred it up, just for a scent boost.  I also added a few drops of Apricot Oil to add a little more softness and diffuse the potency of the essential oils.  Just keep the drops well dispersed so the oatmeal doesn't become 'wet'.

Sadly, I am so stuffed up today I had to depend on my husbands sense of smell... he said it smelled  nice... so I'm hoping everyone else agrees.  I'll smell them in a few days and find out.  LOL!!

Step Two:

I put a coffee filter on the table and added two spoonfuls of the oatmeal mix, and a spoonful each of the Lemon Balm, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel and Lavender.

Step Three:
My pudgy hand in desperate need of a manicure!

Scrunch the top together gently and put a rubber band around the top. Then spread out the top a little.

Step Four:

Tie a ribbon around them if you like... or put them in a nice box or tin.

So, I tried a bow on the left and I did a loop on the right. 
I figured with the loop I could hang it like an ornament.
Voila!!! 


The nice thing about doing them this way.... it keeps the tub cleaner while you enjoy the benefits of the oatmeal and herbs.

These are a nice and easy way to make a homemade gift, or to just whip up for yourself for a soothing soak.  Experiment, use your favorite herbs.  

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a Very Happy Holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment