Saturday, February 21, 2015

Even my feet are tired of this weather...Foot Scrub Edition

After a trip to the grocery store with my husband, in the frozen tundra that is upstate New York, during a snow storm that I believe is named Pandora, our dried out feet were the big topic of discussion.  So, I decided to make another batch of foot scrub and soak.  I made some a few weeks ago, and almost blogged it, but I was in fact too lazy to do it! So, this time, I was determined to blog.

First off, my new camera is lost, I assume in the black hole that is my home.  So, I went for my good old Nikon, with the battery latch that refuses to stay closed without layers of tape.  I knew the general area that it was last seen, so after a ten minute search, I finally found it! Of course the camera card, and apparently the ten others kicking around were MIA.  So after 15 minutes of searching I gave up!  Veronica 1, House <4.  Long story short, welcome to the first blog entirely from my Kindle Fire HDX.  Sorry for any typos and poor photo quality!!  (At this point I was too lazy to toggle between laptop and tablet, so I'm rolling with it!)

Now, in a previous post  I did foot scrubs, and sang their praises!  They're still awesome, and easy to make, which is why even when I'm in Lazy Diva mode, I still find the time to whip one up.  If I weren't blogging it would have been a five minute project.
This time around I concocted a recipe that I like to call...

The Lazy Diva's Pretty Much Everything Except the Kitchen Sink Salt Scrub

Ingredients:

Dry:

1/2 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup sea salt
1 tsp Ground Orange peel
1 tsp Ground Lemon peel
1 tsp dried Calendula petals
1 tsp dried Lavender

Wet:
1/2 cup Coconut oil
1/4 cup Apricot Kernel oil
1/4 cup Sweet Almond oil
1 tbsp Vitamin E
15 drops of Peppermint oil
10 drops of Rosemary Essential oil
10 drops of Lavender Essential oil

Step one:  Add all the dry ingredients.



Step Two:  Add all the rest and stir.



Step Three: Enjoy!
Looks like the instant oatmeal with fruit!  Also, bottom right, that's me !!  Squatting to keep the evil shadow out of the shot and get closer!!  Mostly worked, guess I should have cropped these! lol!

Now I add a few spoonfuls to the warm water and soak, then after a while I take a spoonful and really work it into my feet. I also use it as a shower scrub as I mentioned in the previous blog.  The oils leave a nice layer of softness, but a lotion bar afterwards helps soften and lock in moisture even better!  Great softening combo! Speaking of which, I need to make another batch of those too!  (My recipe doesn't really change for those, so no use revisiting that until I find a new variant I like more.  If it's not broke...)

Big Note:  If your feet are actually splitting open, salt may not be your friend.  My rough sand paper feeling feet enjoyed the salt soak.  Hubby's cracked feet felt a slight salt sting.  If that's the case, and it's too much, you can substitute some sugar for the salts or do just the oils and the cotton sock treatment or wrap them in plastic wrap for a bit.

Thanks for reading!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment